About Ongo Homes
Ongo Homes provides 10,000 homes for people on social or affordable rent.
Our homes are mainly based in North Lincolnshire although we have some available in neighbouring areas, such as Lincolnshire and South Yorkshire.
Along with homes to rent, we also provide a wide range of property management and maintenance services, plus support services to help our tenants live successfully and independently within their home.
We are a not-for-profit organisation, which means any income we receive, which is mainly rent, is reinvested back into providing our homes and community services.
We are also a charitable community benefit society which means we carry out activities which support out charitable objectives. These are:
- Providing and managing housing and providing assistance to help house people and associated facilities, amenities and services for poor people or for the relief of aged, disabled or chronically sick people
- Providing recreation or other leisure facilities in the interest of social welfare with the object of improving the conditions of life for the residents of the area we own or manage housing and neighbouring areas
- Promotion of urban or rural regeneration in areas of social and economic deprivation
We are registered with the Financial Conduct Authority (our number is 7639).
We are also regulated by the Homes & Communities Agency, the Government department which has responsibility for:
- Protecting social housing assets
- Ensuring we are financially viable and properly governed
- Maintaining the confidence of lenders to invest in social housing
- Encouraging and supporting the supply of social housing
- Ensuring tenants are protected and have opportunities to be involved in the management of their housing
- Ensuring value for money in our services