Home Ownership Officer
Here at ongo, we believe everyone has the potential to be great. It’s what drives us to come to work and do our jobs every day.
Most people know us as a landlord providing homes to 10,000 people and their families. But homes aren’t our business, people are.
We now wish to appoint a full time, permanent Home Ownership Officer with a starting salary of £21,171.
- To support the Home Ownership Manager in providing services to potential and actual home owners, shared owners, residential and commercial leaseholders.
- To deputise in the absence of the Home Ownership Manager to ensure seamless management and continuity of service delivery.
- To supervise and oversee the day to day tasks of the Home Ownership Assistant.
- To oversee home ownership activity, e.g. RTB/RTA, including the interpretation and application of legislation, ensuring home ownership applications are processed in line with government requirements.
- To deal with correspondence to and from customers, external agencies, solicitors
- To administer service charge accounting for leaseholders.
- To organise and co-ordinate arrears recovery up to legal action stages and to assist the Home Ownership Manager with legal action stage cases.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent communication, numeracy and literacy skills
- Experience of delivering quality customer service to a broad cross section of the general public
- Experience of presenting financial/numerical information through spread sheets including use of formulae
- Ability to deal effectively and sensitively with members of the public by telephone and in person
- Ability to comprehensively organise, assess, evaluate and present information accurately
- Ability to update and maintain systems and records with a high level of accuracy
- Ability to work flexibly and occasionally outside of normal working hours
- Previous legal experience desirable but not essential
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.
Closing date for applications – Friday 18th January 2019
Interview dates – 4th & 6th February 2019