Am I eligible?
Each application for an Ongo Homes shared ownership property will be assessed individually, but here are details of the criteria you have to meet to be considered for the scheme:
- Gross household income of less than £80,000
- Aged 18 or over
- In current employment
- Have a good credit history
- Having savings or access to approximately £1,500 to cover the cost of buying a home (this does not include the value of the deposit required for a mortgage)
- Understand that any property you currently own in the UK or abroad will need to be sold
In order to be considered for the scheme, you cannot be in a position to afford to buy a property at 100% value on the open market. Applicants will also be assessed based on their level of housing need as well as an affordability assessment.
Ongo Homes will verify that:
- You cannot afford to buy a home outright on the open market that would meet your housing need
- Have sufficient savings, or access to funds to meet the purchase costs associated with buying a home
- You have a good credit history
- You are able to afford the total monthly outgoings associated with the purchase of a home suitable for your reasonable needs.
Applicants will need to provide:
- Evidence of salary by providing 3 most recent wage slips and/or bank statements
- Proof of savings that meet the costs associated with the purchase
- Proof of current residency
- Proof of identity
Your application will be rejected if you:
- Fail to meet the affordability criteria
- Are an undischarged bankrupt or have unsatisfied County Court Judgements
- Are reliant upon guarantors to support a mortgage
- Can comfortably afford to buy the property at 100% open market value
If you'd like us to do a quick check on your eligibility, please leave us your details below and we'll be in touch as soon as we can to go through some details with you.
Page last updated: 05 September 2016