Sorry you are leaving us
Here's what you need to do. Remember, your weekly rent runs up to a Sunday. Hand your keys in no later than midday on a Monday (or Tuesday if it’s a Bank Holiday weekend) so you are not charged and extra week’s rent.
- Make sure your rent is up to date.
- Give 28 days written notice to Ongo Homes
- Complete a Tenant Notice to Quit and get it back to us.
- Arrange for us to come and visit your home the check its condition and discuss if any repairs are needed
- Clear away any rubbish and all your belongings. If we clear anything from your home we will send you the bill for this.
- Take all your meter readings, including gas, electricity and water, and tell your suppliers you are moving.
- Make sure the home is left locked and that windows are closed.
- Hand in all keys to an advisor in our Customer Centre on Cole Street, Scunthorpe. We’ll give you a receipt with the time and date you gave us your keys.
- Let us have your forwarding address.
Don’t forget to also tell North Lincolnshire Council’s council tax department and benefits office, the TV licence agency and finally arrange to have your post redirected via the Post Office (there will be a charge for this, so it is up to you if you want to do this).
Page last updated: 04 January 2016