Caretaking and cleaning
Did you know we have a Caretaking and Cleaning Team who are out and about making sure the areas around your home are kept clean and tidy?
The Caretakers visit specific areas at least once a fortnight and undertake a variety of different jobs such as:
- Graffiti removal
- Litter picking
- Cleaning communal entrances
- Maintaining car parks and garage areas
They are also our eyes and ears as they notice abandoned vehicles and untidy gardens, report estate based repairs to our repairs team and help answer queries from residents on a variety of issues. They're a friendly bunch so feel free to say hello and ask them any questions you might have.
Where we check and clean
We check all blocks of flats which have an internal stairs and landing every two weeks. The work carried out includes:
- Identifying fly tipping and removing it
- Checking fencing and paved areas and reporting back any problems
- Ensuring that communal entrance doors and lighting are working correctly and report - if any - faults
- Litter picking the front and rear communal gardens within the boundaries
- Check for any fire hazards and report them
- Check for and remove graffiti
- Remove cobwebs
- Sweep down and mop floor surface areas.
- Wipe down hand rails and glass work that is within reach.
Our caretakers also check all open spaces at least every two weeks and do things like:
- Litter picking and sweeping up
- Identifying and remove fly tipping
- Check and report any problems to paved areas
- Checking and removing obstructions to walkways
- Check for missing manhole covers and stop tap covers
- Check street furniture such as benches and signs for damage or vandalism
- Identifying untidy gardens
- Removing hazardous items e.g. needles and drug paraphernalia.
If you've found something you think needs sorting in your neighbourhood then get in touch with us.
Page last updated: 23 December 2015