When you go away on holiday, the last thing you want to worry about is whether your home and possessions are safe.
The checklist below covers all the simple, but easy to forget, things you should do before you leave for your holiday.
- Milk and papers cancelled
- Timers set to turn on lights/radios
- Valuable items such as TVs not visible through windows
- Friend or relative to come and collect post
- Plants that burglars could hide behind trimmed back and lawn cut
- Alarm and CCTV systems are on and working
- Alarms turned on and working correctly
- All windows and doors are securely locked with keys put somewhere secure
- Garage and garden shed locked, tools secure and out of sight
- Don’t put your home address on luggage labels - put your telephone/mobile number instead
- Contents insurance up-to-date
- Lock away spare keys & documents showing personal details in safe
Page last updated: 19 January 2016