This is a one to one, tailor made service to get ex-offenders back into employment.
You will be offered a specialist service from a mentor with a practical understanding of your situation and your individual needs.
You will work with your personal mentor to decide what you want to achieve in the future, discuss and learn about what is stopping you getting there and what steps you can take to start moving forward.
Your mentor will support you to access services to help you. We can help with employment goals, training needs and access to higher education. We will help with general skills including building CV’s, completing applications and providing you with the knowledge and understanding of how and what you should disclose about your past to potential employers.
Every client is an individual with different needs and we will tailor out support with this in mind so you get the very best guidance suited to you.
Things we will offer you:
- One to one support from your mentor
- Functional skills training
- Academic qualifications, including Maths and English at equivalent to GCSE grade C
- Industry recognised qualifications in subjects such as Health and Safety, Food Safety, Safeguarding and COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) as well as job specific training such as CSCS (Construction Skills Certificate Scheme)
- CV writing and interview skills
- Help with funding for interview clothes, childcare and travel
- Work experience, including eight week placements in retail, customer service, gardening, trades, health or social care.
For more information get in touch with a member of our team.