Paid Board member vacancy
£5,500 per year
8 Board meetings plus away days and training
Could you be our next Board member?
We’re looking for Board members who are representative of our community, so we’re hoping our next Board member will be a tenant or somebody who lives in one of our homes.
The position is on our Group Common Board which oversees the running of Ongo Homes and Ongo Partnership (our Group parent company).
We’re looking for people with lived in experience who can bring valuable experience and insights to our Board, plus with an interest in housing or community investment and a passion to make a difference.
What does being a Board member involve?
- Decision making to influence the future of Ongo
- Attending (virtually or in person) approximately 8 Board meetings per year with preparation work ahead of the meetings – this will be around 15 days work per year. You’ll be loaned an ipad to do any Board related work
- Taking collective responsibility for decisions taken by the Board
- Challenging Ongo to be the best landlord it can be
Who are we looking for?
We are currently under represented on our Boards by:
- younger people (under 30)
- those that identify as being part of an ethnic minority community
- individuals that identify as having a disability
- those with lived in experience, such as tenants or anyone living in one of our homes
We particularly welcome and encourage applications from these under represented groups.
We’ve had lots of people interested in this which is great and we’re really pleased it’s attracted so much interest. We’re now asking people to read through the Role Profile which gives more of an idea of what is involved. When you’ve read the Role Profile, if you’re still interested and think you have something to offer to the position, please fill in the application and declaration of interest forms. Make sure in the supporting statement section you explain what makes you suited for the role and highlight what you could bring to the role. Completed application forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 13 June 2022. If you would like a hard copy of the form posting, please email your name and address to email@example.com and ask them to post a form to you.