News - Value for Money statement
We saved over £1million by improving systems and renewing contracts in 2016/17.
This is just one of the headlines from our latest Value for Money (VFM) Statement.
Each year we publish a statement showing our approach to providing value for money for our tenants, how we have performed against our objectives and how our achievements compare with other similar sized housing associations.
This year’s statement includes information about:
- £1.02million in cash and efficiency savings.
- Helping tenants access £1.12million in unclaimed benefits.
- Completing the build of 53 new homes, and starting a further 227.
- Winning £855k in external funding to support community investment projects.
- Achieving an average SAP rating of 71.4 for our homes.
Chair of the Ongo Homes Board Matthew Spittles said: “There are strong foundations in place at both board and senior staff level to support continued improvement in the organisation.
“Particularly pleasing has been the delivery of high performing services to customers despite a more challenging operating environment and with a continued focus on cost-effectiveness in how those services are delivered.”