Planting Trees & Growing Teams: A Sustainable Future
*News story for our recruitment agency, Ongo Recruitment
Find out why we have committed to plant trees for every permanent role we place this year...
As a recruitment agency, we are responsible for the growth, development and sustainability of businesses and individuals far and wide.
As human beings, we share the same responsibilities to our planet.
At Ongo Recruitment, we want our planet to grow, blossom and thrive alongside our clients and candidates. We want to preserve our local businesses and our environment, by giving each of them the tools and seeds they need to prosper. We want to nurture and develop companies and individuals to achieve their full potential.
This is why we are promising to plant a tree for every permanent role we fill this year. Grow your business; save the planet.
- The Woodland Trust say that trees are “our most powerful weapon”, and describe them as our “allies in the fight against a changing climate”.
- 6 billion people rely on forests for their livelihoods (One Tree Planted).
- Just 13% of UK land is covered by trees, compared with an EU average of 37% (Woodland Trust).
- Deforestation accounts for around 10% of all global warming emissions (UCUSA)
- To reach net zero carbon, we need 1.5 million more hectares (roughly the same land area as Yorkshire) of additional woodland (Woodland Trust).
- 80% of the world’s terrestrial plants and animals live in forests (One Tree Planted). However, since the 1970s, we have seen a 13% decline in the average abundance of wildlife in the UK (RSPB). We could lose up to 28,000 species in the next quarter century due to deforestation (The World Counts).
- The average tree produces enough oxygen in one year to keep a family of four breathing (Nitrofill).
- One tree can take in more than one ton of carbon dioxide in its lifetime (National Wildlife Federation).
- Studies have shown trees improve morale and productivity, while reducing stress and lowering heart rates (Nitrofill).
- 46% of the world’s forests are already destroyed (One Tree Planted)
Ongo Recruitment is a not-for-profit agency. This means we have always been committed to reinvesting in the people and places in our community. In 2021, we’re going one step further, by reinvesting in our planet.
For every permanent role we place this year, we promise to plant one tree. Every new business to sign up with Ongo Recruitment and advertise a vacancy will also receive seeds to grow your own plants.
We will be planting a variety of fruit trees at our allotment sites around Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire - one for each permanent role filled with Ongo Recruitment.
The apple, pear, plum and cherry trees will be managed by our Growing and Learning project, allowing volunteers to learn about each species and help nurture them for continued growth.
Trees provide food, protection, homes, security and breathing space for creatures far and wide, including ourselves. They also improve air and water quality, while reducing erosion, flooding, and greenhouse gas emissions. Just one tree can produce up to 118kg of oxygen, while removing harmful pollutants from our atmosphere.
At Ongo, our aim is to do exactly the same. Our ‘Growth’ campaign has been designed to create, support and protect the future of our planet; our businesses; our families, communities and teams.
One tree can make a huge difference to our planet. Just like one employee can make a huge impact on your business. Just like one job - one passion - can make a huge difference to people’s lives.
Sowing the seeds
Your business’s future is in your hands. All you have to do is plant the right seeds.
A strong team is the building block of any successful business. To find the right talent, you need to sow the right seeds. That’s where we come in.
Our recruitment experts and advanced methods can ensure your business has the people and foundations in place for a prosperous future, matching you with the perfect candidates for your business.
By giving you access to the most qualified and high-potential candidates, we provide the groundwork for big things to develop in the future, and for your business to expand and grow alongside your team.
With the right care and nurturing, even the smallest of seeds can grow and blossom into a remarkable tree.
The same can be said for your employees, which is why we offer training and development programmes for individuals and businesses, enabling them to evolve as one to achieve their individual and collective objects and potential.
We understand that businesses are responsible for the development of their team, and that we are all responsible for the growth, preservation and development of our planet.
This sits at the heart of our ‘Growth’ campaign.
How you can get involved
As part of our brand-new Growth Campaign, we promise to:
🌳 Plant a tree for every new permanent role we help your business fill.
🌱 Give you the seeds to grow your business, as well as seeds to grow actual trees. Every new business that signs up with Ongo Recruitment will also receive their own actual seeds within their welcome pack.
Whether you’re a business looking to grow and expand your team, or an individual hoping to blossom in a new role, find out how you can get involved and help to save our planet, one tree at a time, right here: GROW YOUR TEAM, SAVE THE PLANET