Important info regarding Coronavirus (Covid-19)
Last updated: 6 January
As we are in a national lockdown, we have revisited all of our services and made some changes to the way in which we deliver them. This is to keep you, and our colleagues safe.
All of the latest information about this lockdown can be found on the government website.
Please read below about our approach to ensuring you and our colleagues are kept safe through our robust safe ways of working and measures we have put in place.
The health and safety of our staff, tenants and members of our communities is our priority throughout this difficult time, and we are closely following advice from the government around the ways we can continue to offer services to you.
This means for the time being, putting these additional measures in place. We know this is going to be a challenging time for us all, and we thank you for your patience and understanding.
Below is all of our latest information and guidance, but if there’s a particular topic you’re interested in, scroll to the bottom and click on a heading. We also have a Coronavirus (Covid-19) FAQs page, to take a look click here.
We have put together a risk assessment to make sure we are working safely and maintaining the health and safety of our staff and tenants. You can read it here.
You can find our Christmas opening hours here.
We've updated our opening hours following the latest government guidance:
- Ongo House (HQ), Church Square, Scunthorpe -We have made the decision to close our headquarters to the public for the foreseeable future. We are open only for essential receipt of deliveries and post. Please use the MyHome app, online services or call us. We can arrange for the dropping off of keys, so please get in touch with us if you need to do this.
- Employment Support/Recruitment, Cole Street, Scunthorpe - Cole Street is open for appointments only.
- Concierge, Market Hill, Scunthorpe -We have made the decision to close this to customers. If you need assistance, please contact us.
- The Viking Centre, Fairfield Road, Barton -We will only be holding urgent appointments face to face and will be doing everything virtually where possible. Visit the Viking Centre Facebook page for up to date information about what's going on there.
- The Arc and Post Office, Litchfield Avenue, Scunthorpe - The Post Office will remain open Monday to Friday 9am-3pm. The Arc is closed, other than the Post Office until further notice. Keep an eye out on our social media here for more info.
- Ashbridge Roofing/Hales&Coultas, Northampton Road, Scunthorpe -We are operating as usual and following government guidance.
To protect your family and our colleagues we’re asking that when booking a repair, you consider first if it is essential and cannot wait, before contacting us.
The rate of Covid-19 transmission has risen, which is why we want to reduce our non-essential repairs, so that we can prioritise those most urgent, and for those most in need. But to do this, we need your help.
The correct measures and precautions remain in place when visiting your home to make sure we keep everyone safe, as this is our number one priority. However, we’d like to please ask that you also take precautions by considering if your repair is time critical.
If you need to cancel your appointment due to self-isolating or receiving a positive Covid-19 test, please let us know as soon as possible. You can cancel your appointment on My Home, letting us know on our web chat or by calling us.
Our grounds maintenance service is back up and running.
Lounges and communal areas
(Lesley Pearson Room - Crosby House and The Hub - Queensway House) will now be closed following the recent advice from the government. We will be sharing this information with our tenants living in these areas.
Face to face appointments
Where possible, we will be carrying out appointments over the phone and keeping face to face appointments to a minimum for the foreseeable future.
If you do have an urgent face to face appointment with any of our staff, we would ask that you follow the government advice around social distancing when interacting with them.
If you do attend any of our buildings for a face to face appointment we will ask you to wear a face covering and we will do the same. This is to keep us both safe.
Ahead of every face to face appointment or repair, our staff will be calling you to make sure you’re not showing any Coronavirus symptoms. If you are, you will be asked to rearrange your appointment at the end of your self-isolation period. For the latest updates and to read more, please visit the government website.
We are still fully available via our My Home app, through social media and you can contact us in all the usual ways online and over the phone.
If you do have a face to face appointment, our colleagues will be wearing a face covering and would ask that if you are able to, you wear one too.
Information on anti-social behaviour
Ongo remains committed to making sure that everyone feels safe and secure in their homes and are able to enjoy living in it without experiencing the anti-social behaviour of others. During this current period the restrictions on outdoor activities and gatherings will bring new challenges for communities and cause some frustrations, with people forced to remain at home for extended periods of time. This could mean:
- An increase in noise nuisance, in particular, more children and young people at home could contribute to perceived anti-social behaviour and we ask for your patience at this time before contacting us regarding ASB and noise nuisance.
- Households may not be keeping to the ‘stay at home’ policy set by the Government and if you are concerned and want to report anything which is outside the Government rules then please report it to Humberside Police, Nottinghamshire Police, Lincolnshire Police or South Yorkshire Police.
- Is the stress of the current situation maybe making you a little less tolerant than usual?
- Do you feel able to speak to your neighbours regarding your concerns, whilst following social distancing guidelines?
Please consider if the behaviour is intended to be anti-social and is it really causing, or likely to cause you or your family significant harm then please contact us and we will seek to assist you wherever possible.
We are adapting our services when tackling ASB and are now focusing on telephone or email contact with our customers and although our investigations will be different, we are committed to doing the following:
- Working closely with other agencies
- Signposting customers to specialist support services
- Signposting perpetrators to support services
- Increase contact with vulnerable customers
- Encourage the use of technology to record ASB if it is safe to do so
- Issue verbal warnings over the telephone and written warnings via email or post
- Issue Notice Seeking Possession for breaches of tenancy
- Apply to the County Court for Injunctions in the most serious cases
If you have any worries or concerns, there are a number of ways you can get in touch with us. You can call us on 01724 279900 and our Customer Service team will be able to make sure you speak to the right person. You can also message us on Facebook, speak to us on live chat on the website or you can download our My Home app.
If you are concerned about a vulnerable adult or child in a household then please forward your concerns to Humberside Police (telephone 999 if you or another member of the public is at immediate risk) or the local Safeguarding Team:
- Protecting vulnerable people from abuse and maltreatment
- Preventing harm to vulnerable people’s health or development
- Taking action to enable all children, young people and adults to have the best outcomes.
Contact for the local Safeguarding Teams:
North Lincolnshire Council – Telephone number 01724 297000
Doncaster MBC – Telephone number 01302 736000
Lincolnshire County Council – Telephone number 01522 782155
Getting in touch
If you do need to get in touch with us, please consider using our online services and My Home. Thanks again for your understanding.
We would like to reinforce the urgency of government guidelines around social distancing in your everyday life, and also when our staff attend urgent face to face appointments and repairs.
Please check back here or follow us on social media for the latest updates.