We are responsible for collecting, processing, storing and safe-keeping personal and other data as part of our business activities.
We manage personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and are registered Data Controllers with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
The Act controls how personal information we hold on our customers and staff is used. Everyone using the data has strict rules to follow, called Data Protection Principles. We will make sure all the data we hold is:
- Used fairly and lawfully
- Used for limited, specifically stated purposes
- Used in a way that is adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Kept for no longer than is absolutely necessary
- Handled according to people’s data protection rights
- Kept safe and secure
- Not transferred outside the UK without adequate protection
Full details of our responsibilities and policy for handling data can be found in our Data Protection Policy.