Doncaster based services
It is important to note that the below information has been taken from the agency websites. For the latest information, please check with the relevant agency.
If you are in Doncaster, the Housing Options service for Doncaster, tel 01302 736000, offers housing advisory services to everyone with a housing related issues, including:
- Housing and homelessness advice and prevention
- Mortgage or rent arrears
- Problems with private rented accommodation
- Notice to quit from your landlord
- Illegal evictions and harassment
- Relationship breakdowns
- Family disputes
- Employment and training opportunities
- Refer to a variety of supported housing providers
- Referrals to tenancy support
- Gypsies and Travellers Liaison Service
YMCA is the largest provider of safe, supported accommodation for young people in England and Wales. It offers everything from emergency accommodation through to supported longer-term housing and youth hostels.
They provide not only a bed but also help a young person gain the training, skills and confidence to go on to lead independent lives.
The YMCA offers support in Doncaster. Call them on 01302 342148.
The Foyer is provided by the Salvation Army Housing Association and is a modern support housing development providing self catered en suite rooms and support services to young people aged 16-24 experiencing homelessness.
Doncaster Foyer accepts self referrals please contact the foyer on 01302 764800 or in person for more information.
DHYP provides housing and support for young homeless or potentially homeless people for whom there were no clear structures of support or statutory responsibilities. They provide a support service for young people; determined by a professional assessment of their needs, to help them break the cycle of disadvantage and vulnerability and to develop a more positive and independent. Call them on 01302 738198.
Riverside Care & Support run services in Doncaster, including Wharf House and Open House Plus, which provide accommodation and support for single, homeless people, aged 16 or over. Wharf House can be contacted on 01302 558010 and Open House Plus is available on 01302 369360.
North Lincolnshire based services
North Lincolnshire Council is your first port of call for all advice regarding homelessness in North Lincolnshire.
Their Housing Advice Team offers weekly drop in sessions to offer advice. Check here for details of future sessions.
The team's first priority will be to prevent the threat of homelessness by assisting you to keep your current home. This assistance may include:
- Identifying benefits or financial assistance to help you to pay your rent
- Identifying whether the landlord has the right to take the property back. If your tenancy is an assured short hold tenancy and your landlord has taken a damage deposit from you but not used a tenancy deposit scheme to deal with it, he may be limited on the grounds he can use to try and end a tenancy
- Assisting you to apply to the court to try to have a possession order suspended (this will only be possible on certain tenancy types)
Their advisors will offer a confidential chat about the options. They can also:
- Provide a homelessness assessment as soon as possible
- Provide mediation with your family or landlord to resolve disputes
- Help to prevent or reverse illegal eviction
- Help to explore your options with your mortgage provider
- Help to try stop court possession action
- Help you to identify support you might get to find other accommodation in the private rented sector
The Forge Project is a charity with the purpose of reducing the impact of poverty and homelessness in Scunthorpe and the surrounding areas.
Their Day Centre, at Cottage Beck Road, Scunthorpe, offers warm, nutritious meals four days a week and a befriending service.
They have partnerships with other agencies such as social local housing authorities, drug agencies, mental health agencies and social and private landlords. You can call them on 01724 276742.