Right to Acquire
If you're interested in buying your home through the Right to Acquire scheme, we need you to complete a set of forms and provide supporting information. Your application is a legal document and photocopies can't be accepted.
Our application pack is designed to provide you with important information about the Right to Acquire scheme. Take a look at the links below for all the info you need.
- Guide to the Right to Acquire
- RTA1 Tenants Notice of Intention to Claim the Right to Acquire
- Insolvency Declaration
- Household Information Form
- Anti Money Laundering Form
As well as the above completed forms we need the following documents for each person applying to buy:
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate (if applicable)
- Proof of residency for any family member who is not a tenant sharing in the Right to Buy (we require three different forms of that evidence at least 12 months of residency e.g. wage slips, bank statement, utility)
- Proof of previous tenancies for all applicants in you wish these to be included in your discount calculation
- Certificate of Entry on the Register of Electors for each person on the application. This can be obtained from the North Lincolnshire Council Elections Office by calling 01724 296245
- Evidence of an up to date credit score. This can be provided through a number of companies online including Equifax (free trial), Experian (free trial) and Clear Score (free)
Once we've received your complete application and documents, we will get in touch to arrange a meeting. You'll need to bring photo ID to this meeting.
The Right to Acquire discount is fixed at £9,000 for the Lincolnshire area. This does not increase with the length of your tenancy and is set by the Government.
Get in touch with our Home Ownership Team if you'd like more info about this on 01724 279900 or you can email them email@example.com.