Altering your home
If you want to make alterations or carry out improvements to your home we ask that you contact us for permission before starting any work.
We may ask for the work to be done in a certain way and to a high quality and safe standard before you start.
On the occasions we refuse work, we will give you a full explanation.
It is important to know that only tenants with assured or assured protected tenancies are eligible to make alterations to their home and we will not give permission for alterations if you are in rent arrears or owe us money.
We have put together guidance sheets for the most common alteration requests, so before you apply, please make sure you read through them thoroughly.
You can apply to carry out an alteration by logging onto your online account.
- Adding additional kitchen units
- Carry out works to electric supply
- Installing a cat flap
- Installing a hard standing drive and path
- Installing a shower
- Installing a water meter
- Installing an external tap
- Installing CCTV
- Installing outbuildings
- Installing tumble dryer vent
- Removing a brick shed
- Renewing fencing walls and gates
- Renewing internal doors
- Renewing internal plasterwork
- Renewing laminate flooring