Medical Receptionist / Administrator
We have a current vacancy for a medical receptionist administrator at a local Medical Practice.
This role is offered on a Temp2Perm basis
Salary is £7.50p/h
Full time 37 hours per week.
Based 12 miles outside of Scunthorpe so transport is required.
Offer general assistance to the Practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone
Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way
Undertake a variety of administrative duties to assist in the smooth running of the Practice including the provision of secretarial and clerical support to clinical staff and other members of the Practice team
Facilitate effective communication between patients, members the primary health care team, secondary care and other associated healthcare agencies
Assist with dispensing medication and preparing for collection.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining and monitoring the Practice appointments system
- Processing personal and telephone requests for appointments, visits and telephone consultations and ensuring callers are directed to the appropriate healthcare professional
- Processing and distributing incoming (and outgoing) mail
- Taking messages and passing on information
- Filing and retrieving paperwork
- Processing repeat prescriptions in accordance with Practice guidelines
- Computer data entry/data allocation and collation; processing and recording information in accordance with Practice procedures
- Initiating contact with and responding to requests from patients, other team member and associated healthcare agencies and providers
- Clearing and re-stock consulting rooms as required
- Providing clerical assistance to Practice and Trust staff as required from time to time, including word/data processing, filing, photocopying, scanning and summarising patient records
- Ordering, re-ordering and monitoring of stationery and other supplies
- Dealing with clinical waste
- Provision of refreshments for staff and visitors as required and keeping the kitchen area clean and tidy
- Keeping the reception area, notice-boards and leaflet dispensers tidy and free from obstructions and clutter
- In the course of seeking treatment, patients entrust us with, or allow us to gather, sensitive information in relation to their health and other matters. They do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately
- In the performance of the duties outlined in this Job Description, the post-holder may have access to confidential information relating to patients and their carers, Practice staff and other healthcare workers. They may also have access to information relating to the Practice as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential
- Information relating to patients, carers, colleagues, other healthcare workers or the business of the Practice may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the Practice policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data
- Health & Safety:
- Using personal security systems within the workplace according to Practice guidelines
- Identifying the risks involved in work activities and undertaking such activities in a way that manages those risks
- Making effective use of training to update knowledge and skills
- Using appropriate infection control procedures, maintaining work areas in a tidy and safe way and free from hazards
- Reporting potential risks identified
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fantastic team in an integral role, does this sound like the perfect position for you, if so please apply through this advert.