Business Planning & Development Accountant
Overall Purpose of Job
To provide support to Ongo Partnership group companies under the supervision and direction of the Financial Planning Manager.
- Scheme Appraisals for New Build Developments using IRR & NPV
- Assist with the creation, control & development of future modelling tools
- Management and Statutory accounting for two entities facilitating the groups development programme
- Project accounting, reporting & forecasting for new build schemes & capitalised major works elemental projects
- Annual Budget setting for Development & Capitalised Major works.
- Gain a sound understanding (and be able to model sensitivities) of the Group & Ongo Homes financial Business Plans. This includes understanding the budgets for all areas, rent calculation tools, treasury, and external/internal assumptions and gaining a detailed knowledge of the organisations business planning software tool (Brixx).
- Assist in the preparation of regulatory returns to the HCA where necessary.
- Cash flow reporting and forecasting for the Group and individual entities.
- Adhoc support to the Financial Planning Manager.
Knowledge, Skill & Experience Required:
- Technically competent accountant, with a good understanding of key accounting principles which are fundamental to the duties and responsibilities of the role.
- ACCA newly qualified / finalist or similar, or QBE
- Project and component accounting experience preferably in Construction.
- Financial business planning software experience.
- High level of ICT proficiency, particularly in Microsoft Excel, and experience using accounting software.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at a variety of levels, orally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritise own work and to work accurately under pressure to meet conflicting deadlines.
- Necessity to relate the duties and responsibilities of the role to a wider business context.
Interview dates – 31st October / 01st November