Functional Skills Tutor
Vacancy Next Level Project Part time Functional Skills Tutor
Ongo Communities is seeking to recruit Functional Skills Tutors to complement our small team to deliver an exciting new project, which is funded by the European Social Fund (ESF) as part of the 2014-2020 European Structural and Investment Fund Programme.
Part time positions - 7-16 hours Salary £23,552 pro-rata.
Fixed term to December 2019.
We are keen to accept applications from tutors who have experience in any or all of the three functional skills; English, Maths ICT and can be flexible on the number of hours between 7 and 16, dependent upon individual’s experience in each functional skill.
The aim of the role is to:
- Work with a caseload of participants who are currently in low skilled jobs and assist them to increase their functional skill levels to help them to increase career prospects.
- Support and motivate participants to gain a higher level of functional skills to improve their skill level up to level 2, using NCFE as the awarding body.
Successful candidates will have:
- A recognised Teaching qualification PTLLs/DTLL’s or equivalent
- Experience of delivering Functional skills up to and including level 2
- Relevant Functional Skills Level 2 qualification
- Ability to work flexibly including evenings and weekends where necessary
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence and inspire individuals
- Patience and tact when working with those who may lack confidence
- Planning skills and creativity to prepare interesting activities to improve learners' skills including the ability to motivate and encourage learners to continue with their studies
The Next Level project delivers a package of accredited and non-accredited training to improve the skill level of at least 470 disadvantaged people in North Lincolnshire over three years, to assist them to progress into roles within businesses, particularly where there are skills gaps that offer sustainable employment. The programme aims to attract, motivate and mentor low skilled working people, using a range of flexible learning pathways, to help increase their skills and their chance of a successful career.
Applications accepted up to 24th November