We are able to offer support to all our tenants from assisting with benefit claims to providing information around budgeting. If you struggle with rent arrears, prioritising debt, or want to know more about housing benefit rules, your rights and responsibilities with regards to your tenancy or seeking appropriate advice for health/lifestyle issues then we can help!
There is no cost for this service and the support we can offer varies but here are some of the ways in which we can provide support:
- accessing grants
- claiming benefits eg; Attendance Allowance, PIP, Housing Benefit, Tax credits etc
- support to apply for a Blue Badge
- reconsiderations and backdate requests for benefits
- apply for a Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP)
- support to make arrears repayment agreements in respect of your rent
If needed, you can leave us your details and we are also able to give information and offer referrals to:
- the BME (black & ethnic) team
- homelessness, Housing advice team (HAT)
- Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB)
- tenancy support
- Age UK
- Blue Door and other agencies.
This is not all we do, if you need any help or support please contact us and we will be in touch to arrange an appointment.