Download Magnify Burger menu < Minus Plus Circle Chevron down Chevron left Chevron right Lock Facebook Twitter Youtube Pinterest Toolbox Multiply Arrow Up Envelope Phone Ticket Clock Calendar Share Skip to main content

Discretionary housing payments

Do you have to pay extra money on top of your Housing Benefit to cover the rent on your home?

If the answer is yes, are you struggling to meet these costs? Are you worried about losing your home because of this?

What is it?

North Lincolnshire Council has a Government fund which may give you some extra help in the form of a Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP).

A DHP will be for a period of time to meet any additional housing costs. These should be above and beyond the amount of benefit you receive.

How do I apply?

Don't delay, you can apply today using a Community Support Grant booklet and application form to help ease some of your financial worries regarding your home.

You can apply

  • by letter: North Lincolnshire Council Benefits Section, PO Box 70, Brigg, DN20 8YE;
  • by phone: 01724 296131 - North Lincolnshire Council staff are available to answer calls Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5pm and Friday from 8.30am to 4.30pm;
  • by email:

You can also call at any of the Local Link offices, opening times vary:

  • Ashby and district, Ashby High Street, Ashby, Phone 01724 296832
  • Barton and district, Providence House, Holydyke, Phone 01724 296800
  • Brigg and district, The Angel, Market Place, Phone 01724 296840
  • Crosby, The CAB Offices, 12 Oswald Street, Scunthorpe, Phone 01724 297000
  • Crowle and district, Community Resource Centre, 52 – 54 High Street, Phone 01724 296850
  • Epworth and district, Chapel Street, Epworth, Phone 01724 296870
  • Scunthorpe and district, Church Square House, 30 – 40 High Street, Phone 01724 296820
  • Winterton and district, West Street, Winterton, Phone 01724 296875
Click here if you claim Universal Credit

It is important you let us know so we can support you in paying your rent on time.

Live Chat