Warm Home Discount rebate
Are you eligible for a Warm Home Discount rebate?
To be eligible you must be in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit (even if you get Savings Credit as well)
- Income Related Employment Support Allowance;
- Income Based Jobseeker's Allowance;
- Income Support;
- Universal Credit and is not in work or Self-Employed.
If the following statement applies you may also qualify, if Your total gross household income is less than £16,190
There is a child permanently living in your household who:
- is 5 years or under (born on or after 01st April 2011);
- is 18 years or under in full time education (born on or after 01st April 1998);
- Is entitled to free school meals;
You or another member of your household:
- receives Child Tax Credit or Working Tax Credit which includes a disability element or severe disability element, disabled child element or severely disabled child element or family element or Universal Credit Equivalent;
- receives an Income Related Benefit which includes a disabled child premium, disability premium, severe disability premium, enhanced disability premium or Universal Credit Equivalent;
- receives Pensioner Premium, Higher Pensioner Premium or Enhanced Pensioner Premium;
- is in receipt of the limited Capability for work element with or without a work-related activity element;
- is in receipt of the disabled child element;
- receives Disability Living Allowance (DLA), Personal Independence Payment (PIP); Incapacity Benefit or Attendance Allowance;
- is aged 63 or over;
- receives exemption from NHS prescription charges (where applicable) and/or
- your household's annual energy spend is, more than 10% of the annual income.
You must apply between October 2016 and March each year