The internet is fast becoming the quickest and easiest way for our tenants, customers and suppliers to contact us and for us to contact them.
We want our tenants to have access to us 24/7 as we no longer work a nine to five lifestyle, and you may want to report a repair, complete one of our forms or leave a message regarding your account at a time that suits you.
By signing up for 'My Account' you can track your payments, an outstanding repair etc, just as easy as sending a text. (We will always get back to you the next working day).
Did you know...
- Adults aged 16 to 24 were most likely to engage in leisure or recreation activities, such as social networking (91%), listening to music (87%) or watching video content from sharing services (77%).
- Adults aged 25 to 34 reported the highest level of use in some ‘day-to-day’ activities such as use of internet banking (87%) and reading online news, newspapers or magazines (76%).
- Adults aged 65 and over also reported use of online activities including reading online news (34%) and using services related to travel (31%) ONS Data Statistics 2017.
- Being online can also improve your chances of getting back into work, as more application forms and CVs are requested through company and recruitment sites.
- According to the latest Age Concern and Help the Aged survey results, 7 per cent of people 65+ in England say they always or often feel lonely, being online can open the door to a new
Chris Baker, Community Investment Coordinator for ongo said: “Entering the digital world can be daunting for some people, but there are so many benefits people can get from being online. From keeping in touch with people and family via email or social media to saving money on utility bills and shopping. Want to know more? get in touch.
Other links you may find useful are;
- Online Centres Network
- Barclays Digital Wings
- Age UK, Silver Surfers
- Stay safe Online
- New to the Internet?
All our retirement living properties, now have access to the internet following our commitment to ensure we support bringing residents into the digital age.
We have installed new computers and large monitors so residents can keep in touch with family via Skype, or doing their online shopping, book appointments apply online and much more.
We've held sessions in a number of our schemes to support tenants the with the basic skills to get online which is just one way we are committed to reducing social isolation, the internet opens up a new world on the internet.
Barclays Digital Wings
Barclays Community Wings - Also provide help and support. Barclays Digital Wings is just another fun and free learning tool designed to develop and grow your digital confidence. Are you a novice or a know-it-all? Take this 60-second quiz to see how digitally savvy you are.
You can find out more about this service and boost your knowledge here.