Talent Match & Building Better Opportunities
Talent Match is a programme to support young people aged 18 to 24 who have been out of work or training for 12 months or more.
We will provide individual support, with access to group activities and training, to develop your confidence and work towards employment, an apprenticeship or further education.
Building Better Opportunities (BBO)
This project is funded by the National Lottery and is designed to support people who lack the skills and confidence to get back into work.
What these projects can offer you
- Confidential one to one support
- Support to set and achieve your goals
- Training and qualifications
- Employability support including CV writing, application form help and practice interviews Transferable and practical skills development
- Volunteering or training
- Ongoing support, even after you start work
Your advisor can make referrals to other partner organisations, so you can benefit from a wide range of learning, skills and work-related activities. Financial help is also available for travel, childcare and respite care costs, making it even easier to take part.
It’s not just about sending you on a course and then leaving you to it, your advisor will provide ongoing support and be there every step of the way as you identify what you would like to do, and how to do it.
How do we support young adults?
Talent Match is for young people who have the hardest change of getting a job, including those who are completely outside of any benefits support, work or training. and
It is for those people facing severe barriers to gaining the skills they need to get into work.
We are involved in the Talent Match programme to boost opportunities for young people by bringing together employers and education providers to help young adults.
If this is you, we can:
- Provide you with individual support, best suited to your needs
- Work with you to work out the best plan for you
- Provide you with access to group activities and training to help you develop your confidence
- Work with local employers to help you gain an apprenticeship
- Support you in getting back into education
How you will benefit
This programme was co-designed with young people so we really understand what you need.
We promise to give you:
- One-to-one support
- Increased motivation and confidence by providing you with new experiences
- New skills for employment
- Free training courses
- Access to the Ongo Recruitment training academy
- Work experience placements
Who can apply for Talent Match?
You must be:
- Between 18 and 24-years-old
- Have been unemployed for 12 months or more
- Facing barriers to entering employment, education or training
There are lots of reasons why people face tough barriers when trying to get a job, and we have had experience in helping people in pretty much all situations, including homelessness, addition, disability, anxiety and mental health difficulties and physical and emotional isolation.
We honestly can help if you are willing to give us a try.
To request more information, drop us a line and we will get straight back to you.
These projects are funded by the Big Lottery Fund.