Volunteer with us
Volunteering is one of the most rewarding things you can do.
Not only are you doing your bit to help others and make your community better, you make new friends and gain new skills too.
We have a vibrant volunteering programme, led by experienced tutors and coaches, and attract volunteers from all ages, backgrounds and interests.
We also run specialised voluntary work placement programmes for anyone wanting to use their volunteer experience to enhance their career prospects.
If you’d like to get some work experience, enhance your CV or update your skills in the workplace, we can offer you a work experience placement for up to eight weeks which will help to meet your needs and provide you with an up to date work reference.
Volunteer opportunities we offer
- Grow and Learn gardening project
- The Bike Project, repairing and building bikes for resale
How volunteering can help you into employment
- Increase your self confidence
- Obtain up to date references
- Gain work experience for your CV
- Provide structure to your week
- Meet new people and network
- Understand the business environment
- Try something new and enjoy yourself
Here is a sample of the work placement opportunities available
- Administration and office work
- Community development work
- Social care
- Child care
- Organising events
If you want to find out more or request a volunteering opportunity or work placement get in touch.