Download Magnify Burger menu < Minus Plus Circle Chevron down Chevron left Chevron right Lock Facebook Twitter Youtube Pinterest Toolbox Multiply Arrow Up Envelope Phone Ticket Clock Calendar Share Skip to main content

Reporting anti-social behaviour

Everyone has the right to enjoy their home, especially free from nuisance or anti-social behaviour of others, our Tenancy Services Team works with local councils and partner organisations to keep our communities thriving and a great place to live.

What is anti-social behaviour?

It is defined as 'any behaviour that harasses or causes nuisance or annoyance to someone else'. A wide range of these actions can include:

  • Dogs barking 
  • Loud music
  • Criminal behaviour 
  • Drug dealing 
  • Littering and property conditions
  • Physical or verbal abuse
  • Damage to properties 

Find out more about anti-social behaviour and the common types.

What is not anti-social behaviour?

Sometimes we can be impacted by the lifestyles of our neighbours, which are general day to day living, here are some examples that you may expect:

  • Day to day living noise such as footsteps or low level household appliances from neighbouring properties
  • Differing lifestyle choices or cultures and faiths
  • Cooking smells
  • DIY during reasonable hours
  • Minor or occasional car repairs
  • Children playing or gathering socially
  • Lawfully parking

How to report anti-social behaviour?

There are multiple ways for you to report anti-social behaviour to us, below we have listed other organisations that can help or advise, you may need to record information before to making a formal report. 

What to expect?

If you are the person reporting, there may be occasions where you need to report incidents to partner agencies such as;

  • Police, who will provide you with reference or log numbers
  • Local authorities Environmental Health Noise investigation teams, who will request you record a diary, CCTV footage or photo evidence.

You will be asked to attempt to resolve the situation yourself, speaking to the person, signing a Good Neighbour Agreement or consenting to mediation. 

We will take responsibility to help you, when these things happen we want to help with an early resolution between everyone that is involved with all parties needs considered and supported. Additional help and support can be provided through Ongo Communities team and referrals to partner agencies. 

We have added some more frequently asked questions here.

If you also want to understand more you can visit our housing policy pages for more information.

If you need to report anti-social behaviour, you can either speak to us over the phone, or by using our self-service options through My Home, your online account. If you are already registered you can log in online through our website, or by downloading the app from the app store or google play store. 

Helpful links and information

We also work with the following agencies which also include other local organisations to our homes in other areas outside of Scunthorpe, please get in touch if you need any help. 

North Lincolnshire Council