Important information about us:
Ongo Partnership Limited is made up of different legal entities, details of which can be found here. This privacy notice is issued on behalf of the Ongo Group so when we mention Ongo, "we", "us" or "our" in this privacy notice, we are referring to the relevant company in the Ongo Group responsible for processing your data. Ongo Partnership Limited is the controller and responsible for this website.
We have appointed a data protection officer (DPO) who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the DPO using the details set out in the “Contact Us” section below.
What personal information we collect:
We may collect, store and use the following types of personal information from visitors to our website:
- Identity data – this names, usernames or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender;
- Contact Data - includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers;
- Financial Data - includes bank account and payment card details;
- Transaction Data - includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us;
- Technical Data - includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website;
- Profile Data - includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- Usage Data - includes information about how you use our website, products and services;
- Marketing and Communications Data - includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us.
How we collect personal information:
We use different methods to collect your personal information. These include:
- Direct interaction with you – You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you apply for our services, create an account on our website, request marketing materials be sent to you, enter a competition, promotion or survey, or give us some feedback; and
- Automated technology or interaction - As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies and other similar technologies.
How we use personal information:
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; or
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time.
Analysing visits to our website:
When someone visits www.ongo.co.uk we use a third party service, Google Analytics to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
Our search engine:
Our website search feature is powered by Umbraco. Search queries and results are logged anonymously to help us improve our website and search functionality. No user-specific information is collected by us or any third party.
E-newsletters and marketing:
Where you have consented for us to do so, we may send you e-newsletters to tell you about important information affecting you as a customer or alerting you to an event or issue you may be interested in. You can unsubscribe to these newsletters by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ button which appears at the bottom of the email at any time.
We use a third party provider, MailChimp and Survey Monkey to deliver our e-newsletters and surveys. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter.
Blogs and comments:
The posting of personal information as a comment to an article or as a blog means your information will be publicly accessible and can be viewed and collated by third parties. We are not responsible for the behaviour of any third party or for the publication of any information you have published on our website. We strongly advise you against publishing any personal information, such as full name, age and address.
How long we keep personal information:
We do not hold any personal data longer than necessary, having considered the purposes for processing. Our Data Retention Policy lists the length of time we keep information for.
A copy of our Data Retention policy is available upon request.
Your right to access personal information:
You can find out if we hold any personal information about you by making a ‘subject access request’ under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679. If we do hold information about you, we will:
- Give you a description of it;
- Tell you why we are holding;
- Tell you who it has been disclosed to; and
- Let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
You may also have the right for your personal information to be transmitted electronically to another organisation in certain circumstances.
You can request access to the information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (please see contact details section below). Please mark your request for the attention of our Data Protection Officer.
If you believe that any of the personal information we hold about you is incorrect, you have the right to ask us to rectify that information at any time.
You may also have the right, in certain circumstances, to request that we delete your personal information, to block any further processing of your personal information or to object to the processing of your personal information. There are some specific circumstances where these rights do not apply and we can refuse to deal with your request.
If we are processing your personal information based upon your consent (e.g. as part of our marketing or promotional activities or to make a voluntary referral to an external agency), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
If you require any further information about your right to rectification, erasure, restriction of or object to processing or you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us (please see contact details section below).
We take any complaints we receive about the collection and use of personal information very seriously. We would encourage you to bring it to our attention if you think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. You can make a complaint at any time by contacting us (see contact details section below).
If you think our collection or use of personal information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate or if you have concerns about the security of your personal information, you also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at the following address:
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
You can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the following address:
Ongo House, 26-30 High Street, Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire, DN15 6NL.
Tel: 01724 279900
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer to oversee our compliance with this privacy notice. Our Data Protection Officer is Liz Chaffe. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact Liz using the details above.
Click here to view our Data Protection Policy.