How to get a home with usWe have created a video to show you how to get a home to let and pay rent to Ongo Homes:
What you’ll need to move into one of our homes to let.
As part of our allocation process you will need to provide:
- Your right to rent in England (if not a British or Irish citizen)
- 3 months of bank statements from each of your accounts
- Proof of ID such as a passport, driving license or birth certificate
- A minimum of 2 weeks advanced rent payment before moving in
- Contact details of any support agencies you’re currently working with
We understand that a lot of applicants for our properties want to be able to move into one of our rented houses in Scunthorpe (or elsewhere) sooner rather than later. Plus, our properties can be ready to let to new tenants at short notice, so it’s best to be prepared. Below is a list of points to consider which we will discuss with you in the allocation process. It’s your responsibility to ensure you’re able to move and sustain a tenancy at your new address.
What’s your plan?
- What’s your plan for moving? Do you need to book removals? Who can help?
- What items such as beds and appliances do you need for your new house to rent in Scunthorpe (or elsewhere)? How are you going to get these?
- Have you started packing? What help do you need? Do you need bags / boxes?
We have lots of applicants for each of our properties who are in a high priority need to be housed, so if you are assessed as not being ready to move and sustain a tenancy then we will encourage you to bid on other properties for when you are. More information on our Lettings Policy and Criteria can be found here.
Our offer to you:
- No admin fees/bonds (all we ask is an advanced payment for up to one month)
- A long term tenancy
- Experienced and professional repairs service
- A 24/7 emergency call out service
- Our MyHome app to manage your tenancy online and pay your Ongo rent
- Help and advice teams to coach you through any hardships
- Opportunities to get involved
- A range of different support including financial support, mental health support and help into employment
We have homes in the following areas:
To apply for rented houses in Scunthorpe and neighbouring areas through your local authority choice based lettings scheme, you will need to register. For more information on how to do this, please click on your area of choice below.
To apply for homes to rent in Scunthorpe & nearby areas that are advertised directly with Ongo, visit My Move.My Move
To apply for houses to rent in North Lincolnshire through your local authority choice based lettings scheme, you will need to register.Home Choice Lincs
To apply for homes through your local authority choice based lettings scheme, you will need to register.Doncaster Home Choice
To apply for homes through your local authority choice based lettings scheme, you will need to register.Bassetlaw HomeFinder
To apply for homes through your local authority choice based lettings scheme, you will need to register.Home Choice