Building Safety Resident Engagement Framework consultation
The Building Safety Act 2022 (The Act) requires us to prepare and publish a ‘Resident Engagement Framework ’ that includes information about:
- The information that will be provided to residents about decisions relating to the management of the building
- The aspects of those decisions that residents will be consulted about
- The arrangements for obtaining and taking account of the views of residents
- How the appropriateness of methods for promoting participation will be measured and kept under review
We have prepared this draft that we are presenting for feedback with our tenants as required under The Act. This document is the overarching framework for Ongo Homes and will be underpinned by specific actions plans that detail how we will deliver what we are saying we will in the framework at each of our high-risk buildings.
The Building Safety Act 2022 require us to implement plans and strategies specific to our high-rise buildings within specific timescales. With this in mind, although the framework applies to what Ongo deem all our high-risk buildings, we are currently focusing on getting all relevant plans and documentation in place for the high-rise buildings (Trent View House, Sutton House, Princess House and Crosby House) in the first phase. Phase two will include all other Ongo Homes identified high-risk buildings. Timescales are not in place for these buildings but they are not deemed any less important.
We really value all the feedback we receive from our tenants and welcome all comments received when we’re writing our policies and frameworks, you might want to consider the following questions:
- Is it easy to understand?
- Is there anything you think should be in the framework that isn’t?
- How do you feel about the amount of information in the framework? Does it explain what we want to achieve well?