Christmas comes to The Viking Centre
During the festive period, The Viking Centre in Barton upon Humber has hosted 12 events for over 65 people.
The Viking Centre is a community hub, which opened in 2015, offering employment and support services, youth mentoring, free activities and food clubs, clean up days, big trips out and a café.
From Christmas crafts to festive food, parties and a trip to the panto, the team have hosted a range of activities for all ages to get involved in for little or no cost.
On Thursday 15 December they also held a Christmas lunch for 15 local people to spread some Christmas magic and festive cheer.
Marie Merrison, Community Regeneration Assistant at Ongo said: “We’ve loved all of the events going on this month. It has been fantastic to see so many happy, smiley faces getting into the Christmas spirit.
“It’s a hard time for a lot of us right now, so being able to provide free things for families to do, a warm and safe space for them to come and hot food is so important, and makes us very proud to work here.
“As always there’s going to be loads happening in 2023, so if you live in the area make sure you come and get involved.”
Here is a full list of all Viking Centre Christmas events:
- 6 December – Christmas card making
- 6 December – Make your own snow globe
- 6 December – Family Christmas card making
- 7 December – Christmas bingo
- 8 December – Final Christmas Café
- 13 December – Christmas bauble making at play group
- 13 December – Pompom Christmas tree making
- 14 December – DIY gonk baubles
- 14 December – Christmas dinner
- 20 December – Trip to the panto
- 21 December – Half term Christmas eve boxes
- 22 December – Christmas party
All details of Viking Centre news and events can be found on their Facebook Page @TheVikingCentre.