Festive fun with Ongo
Throughout December we are hosting events and activities for hundreds of our colleagues, customers and members of the community to get involved in.
Everything from craft fairs, Christmas meals, parties and charity initiatives have, or are, taking place across the region, with thousands of pounds being spent to make the season special.
On Wednesday 1 December our annual Dine and Dance celebration took place, which over 60 tenants over the age of 55 attended. The free event included transport, a three-course meal and entertainment.
Around 75 food hampers will be delivered to those most in need, with fresh fruit, vegetables, sweet treats and gift vouchers inside. And for those alone on Christmas day, a special dinner for 30 people is to be held, with staff volunteering their time.
Charity donations totalling £1,300 have also been made to Jen’s special place, The Blue Door, Jerry Green dog rescue, Coritani School, Headway, Lindsey Lodge Hospice and The Forge.
Jan Williams, Head of Opportunities said: “Last year we focussed lots of time on doorstep deliveries and providing support for people at home, so we’re delighted that this year we can put on lots of festive events.
“It’s so important that we bring people together to tackle social isolation, especially our older generation. To see the smile from someone receiving a food hamper or dancing away at a celebration, it makes it so worthwhile.
“I’d like to thank everyone for being involved and spreading Christmas cheer throughout our communities.”
Take a look at just some more of the events that have or will be taking place at our community hubs, (The Viking Centre in Barton upon Humber and The Arc in Scunthorpe) throughout December.
The Viking Centre events:
- 30 November – Letters to Santa and decorating the tree
- 7 December – Making gift bags for someone special
- 8 December – Adult craft
- 13 December – Christmas crafts and party food
- 14 December – Bingo for adults
- 15 December – Christmas Dinner
- 16 December – Free lunch for 20 local people
- 20 December – Trip to see Dick Whittington Panto
- 21 December – Personalised Christmas crafts
- 22 December – Christmas Eve bags and films
- 23 December – Big Christmas party with a special visit from Santa’s Sleigh
The Arc events:
- 26 November – Christmas craft fair
- 3 December – Light switch on, with free mulled wine, hot chocolate, mince pies and a raffle
- 6 December – Elf day with lots of cake
- 16 December – Santa’s Grotto
- 25 December – Christmas day dinner
To find out more about our events, simply follow us on social media or check out our website.