Halloween events attract more than 100 people
Throughout October, we’ve held 12 Halloween events across the region, attracting more than 100 people.
Spooky spectacular activities were held at The Arc in Scunthorpe, Viking Centre in Barton and Winterton youth club.
Halloween mask making, drama workshops, slime making, costume competitions, and a total of four creepy costumed discos were held for all ages, with lots of sweet treats and buffet food on offer.
Dan Fearnside, who attended the Viking Centre disco on Wednesday 31 October said: “We live in Barton, just near the Viking Centre, and come to a lot of the events happening here.
“It’s good that the kids get to go out and have fun, and tonight has been great.”
A total of 39 local children attended the disco in Barton, with all of them getting involved in the fancy dress competition and taking home sweets.
Kerry Copson, Community Development Manager said: “Hosting events like this in the community is so important in engaging with people, getting to know them, promoting the support we offer and just giving them something to do.
“Like previous years, the activities have been a huge success with a great turnout. We love seeing lots of you getting involved and have loads planned in the coming months, so keep your eye out for them.”
Take a look at all the events held below:
The Arc, Scunthorpe
- Monday 21 October – Mask making and pumpkin carving
- Tuesday 22 October – Dramarama workshop
- Wednesday 23 October – Slime making and creepy crafts
- Thursday 24 October – Halloween bags and sweet treats
- Friday 25 October – Halloween disco
Viking Resource Centre, Barton
- Tuesday 30 October – Mask making
- Wednesday 31 October – Halloween Disco
Winterton youth club
- Monday 21 October – Thursday 24 (Half Term week) – Pumpkin carving
- Monday 28 October – Halloween disco
- Tuesday 29 October – Halloween movie night
- Wednesday 30 October – Halloween movie night
- Thursday 31 October – Halloween disco