Right to Buy
If you are interested in buying your home through the Right to Buy scheme, we require you to complete a set of forms and provide supporting information. Your application is a legal document and photocopies of it will not be accepted. You are required to provide personal documents as evidence so it is a good idea to deliver your application and supporting documents by hand to the Home Ownership Team and a get a receipt.
Our application pack is designed to provide you with important information about the Right to Buy scheme to help you make an informed decision. Please take the time to explore all the links below as they outline the implications and responsibilities of owning your own home during and after the sale process.
- Insolvency Dec, Req'd Docs & DP Statement - "Insolvency Declaration & Anti Money Laundering Form and list of required supporting documents"
- RTB Summary Booklet - "Right to Buy Could Open the Door, HM Government For Council and Housing Association Tenants"
- RTB1 - "Right to Buy (RTB1) Application Form"
- Thinking of buying your council flat - "Important information and guidance for customers interested in buying their flat"
- Updated Right to Buy Your Homes Guide - "Your Right to Buy Your Home - A Guide for tenants of councils and registered providers, including housing associations"
Once your complete application and all supporting documents are received, we will contact you to arrange a meeting to confirm that all parties understand the process and costs involved in purchasing your home. We will require all applicants to bring photographic identification to this meeting.
The way your discount is calculated is based on how many qualifying years you have been a tenant.
|Number of years as a tenant||Discount for buying a house*||Discount for buying a flat*|
If you are in any doubt about what to do next, advice and assistance is available free of charge from the Home Ownership Team who can be contact on 01724 279900 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you may wish to contact the Governments official Right to Buy Agent service on 0300 123 0913.
Please note that your property will be independently valued as part of the application process and cannot be provided before. If you would like an idea of what your property may be worth before proceeding you may wish to take a look at a current property value web-site. Please be aware that this will only be an estimate and many factors can affect the value of a property.