Download Magnify Burger menu < Minus Plus Circle Chevron down Chevron left Chevron right Lock Facebook Twitter Youtube Pinterest Toolbox Multiply Arrow Up Envelope Phone Ticket Clock Calendar Share Skip to main content

Home contents insurance

Home contents insurance 

As your landlord we make sure that the actual building that you live in is insured.  Many customers believe that Ongo Homes automatically insure their furniture, belongings and decorations against fire, theft, vandalism or water damage such as burst pipes.  However, this is not the case.  Unfortunately some customers only realise this after the damage has been done.  It is up to you to insure your own personal belongings and decorations for your home.  Contents insurance can cover you for all kinds of things such as carpets, televisions, bedding sofas etc.  As your landlord we are not responsible for the things that you own inside your home so you need to ensure that you have the appropriate contents insurance to meet your needs.  If you do not have contents insurance and there was a fire or a flood in your home, Ongo would not be responsible for paying for replacement items for you and you could end up with no personal belongings.  Therefore, we cannot stress to you enough the importance of taking out your own personal household insurance.

There are lots of different options available to you with many websites offering comparisons of different companies, all based on your own personal circumstances. 

Some insurance companies will want you to pay annually or monthly by direct debit.  We have recognised that this may not be an option for some of our tenants.  We are working with a company called Marsh who provide contents insurance which offers a more flexible approach.  Their insurance scheme offers you the flexibility to pay weekly, fortnightly or annually.   They also offer other flexible options that many of the most popular insurance companies don’t.  Please click here to view the insurance document and obtain further details of what this flexible scheme can offer. Take a look at the Essential Information Document here.

Apply for home contents insurance by printing and filling out this application form.


In addition, we also work in partnership with Age UK Lindsey who offer a range of insurance products specifically for people over the age of 50.  Age UK Lindsey can be contacted over the telephone on 01724 747600 or in person at 34a Crosby Road, Scunthorpe or at their Barton office which is located at 31 High Street, Barton tel no - 01652 631411