[Please be aware, our repairs service may change due to Covid-19. To view our latest guidance, click here.]
We have an in-house team of experienced, professional engineers and trades people to carry out repairs to your home.
We provide a 24-hour emergency service, but there are some little and easy jobs which we will ask you to do. Here's an explanation of what repairs we will do for you.
Who is responsible for repairs?
We both are, you as the tenant and us as your landlord. Some of the things we ask you to do are:
- Unblock waste pipes and drain gullies
- Fill in minor cracks in your plaster
- Replace small fixtures and fittings, such as door numbers, toilet seats and bath/sink plugs
- Replace light bulbs, fuses and batteries
- Maintain outdoor buildings, such as sheds or greenhouses
- Replace or repair anything you damage
What is an emergency repair?
When an emergency happens, we will come out to you as quickly as possible. It is an emergency if you lose:
- Electricity, gas or water supply
- Heating or hot water
- Communal lighting
Other emergencies include*:
- Unsafe electrical fittings
- Gas leaks
- Leaking water or heating pipe, tank, cistern or toilet (where the leak cannot be controlled by isolating the leak)
- Insecure window, external door or external lock
- Dangerous structures, which include chimneys or loose tiles
- Smoke alarm which doesn’t work
- A blocked toilet that you cannot unblock (when you don’t have another toilet in your home to use)
- Loose, or completely detached, hand rails and banisters for stairs
- Unsafe floorboards and stairwells
If you have an emergency repair, give us a call on 01724 279900 and we will get someone out to you as soon as we can.
*Please be aware that if we attend and the repair is not an emergency, we may apply a recharge of £30.60. This is just to cover our call-out costs.
Reporting a repair
It's so quick and easy to report a repair with us.
If you have already signed up to My Home you can report a repair straight away.
Did you know we also provide a Locksmith Service?
When we visit you
Anyone from Ongo who visits your home will be carrying an ID badge. Make sure you ask to see this before you allow anyone into your home.
If you are a bit unsure, just give us a call on 01724 279900. We would much rather you check before letting anyone in.
We will always clear up after ourselves and we might ask you to take part in a survey so we can always be sure we are providing a good service.
Changing or cancelling appointments
If you need to cancel an appointment or change the time or date, this can be done in My Home under ‘view and track my repairs’, or over the phone. Please do this as early as possible because we might be able to give your repair slot to someone else.
If we attend and you're not there, but didn't tell us, we could charge you £30.60 to cover our call out costs.
It hardly ever happens, but if we can't keep to the appointment we arranged with you, we will get in touch as soon as we know this to rearrange.