We have a team of specialist Youth Mentors who work with young people aged eight and over to inspire them, encourage them and empower them to grow to their full potential as involved members of our community.
We work in schools and communities to deliver the following
- Mentoring support with young people who lack the networks, role models and confidence to broaden their knowledge and horizons and potentially get a job or go to university
- Career exploration including a programme of career days, providing information and inspiration from people in work, which may include workplace visits or motivational talks
- After school and holiday activities that are engaging and motivating, planned by the young people
- Practical training to develop leadership skills
- Training and support to create a talent pool of young people prepared and ready to take up apprenticeships
- Training, which includes life skills, money management and home maintenance, for later on in life
Details of our out of school activities can be found on our Facebook page. We welcome working in partnership with other organisations to benefit young people living in our local communities.